Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers Modern Archives (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   PR News 01/12/08. Animated Power Ranger Series (2009) to be MMPR Reboot (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=2591)

Thunrider 01/15/08 03:18 AM

Hopefully it will leak if it is not picked up.

My feelings about this? I wish Power Rangers could keep going. Knowing Disney's track run with cartoons (coughmagical65cough), I don't like the odds of Power Rangers lasting long in animated format. If another company could pick it up, that would be best.

Knightfall 01/15/08 05:39 AM

The sad part is I have a strong feeling (and Poweranimals probably agrees with this) that Disney will never sell the rights of PR to another company.

That's not Disney's style. They'll drive the show into the ground and still hold onto the rights; perhaps even continuing the toyline without the show .

PRangerX 01/15/08 05:57 PM

I think Disney would sell if it was to their advantage. But the problem is...If Disney has issues with the production budget, most other companies will as well.

MattEmily 05/19/12 12:16 PM

Re: PR News 01/12/08. Animated Power Ranger Series (2009) to be MMPR Reboot

You know it's funny looking back on this and seeing how there were plans for an animated MMPR yet they opted for going for RPM instead and then Disney ended it and then they sold the series back to Saban.

I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it but I would assume that Toei wasn't approving an animated idea so Disney probably just wanted to end it with RPM and then get rid of anything that they had that was a connection to Toei.