Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Destination Dinohenge Episode Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=9122)

MattEmily 02/18/21 03:30 PM

Destination Dinohenge Episode Discussion

Here’s the discussion thread for this Saturday’s new episode

PRangerX 02/20/21 02:46 PM

Re: Destination Dinohenge Episode Discussion

The episode was pretty slow at first but got interesting by the end. Its hard to really get a feel for the show. But it seems like they put us right in to the adventure and are explaning it as they go. They gave us some good exposition at the end.

Its not that unbelievable that Ollie and Amiela would blindly accept being Power Rangers since they are widely known by this point. One of the problems the older series had was that they always acted like Power Rangers never exisited for outside the team up. That has obviously changed in recent years.

I like that they worked in the Morphing Masters. The battle wasn't that great but was really justthere to introduce the new Rangers and show off their new powers. It was a backdoor to get to the exposition. I give them credit for setting up their characters. The whole episode really told us all we needed to know about Ollie and Amiela. We only got to see Ollie for five minutes and learned his entire backstory.

I would say setting up the characters and backstory was handled well and now they can really expand on the action and future of the story. It will be interesting to learn just who Void Knight is and how he got his armor.

Trooper Supreme 02/20/21 02:47 PM

I got a VR Troopers feel in the beginning. Where Amiela was at work. What I think appears to be a website. Reminded me of Kaitlyn working ata newspaper. This would be the 2021 equivalent.

Massive Ego 02/20/21 02:50 PM

It was okay. Not as strong of a start as Beast Morphers. But there was nothing downright stupid. So I am not worried about the show going back to sucking yet. I am going to have to see more episodes to really judge. The characters weren't dumb and didn't annoy me so thats a good step.

Gold Ranger In Danger 02/20/21 02:52 PM

I'm not feeling it. It took too long to get the to action. They were just getting to the good part with the backstory when it ended. Everything happened too fast. It seemed pretty convenient thst Void Knight would show up just as Ollie and Amiela happened to be there. But the show could easily get better. So I am not saying the season is bad yet. Way too early.

VR Master 02/20/21 02:56 PM

I give them credit for really playing up things that speak to how the world is now. Amiela working for a website is very current. And we saw Ollie mention selfies. Little things lime that f ally relate to the target audience and some of the teens that might be watching.

Captain Codfish 02/20/21 02:57 PM

The series has really been good with that since the Saban Era. If nothing else all those seasons tried to sound current to the world we live in now.

Lightspeed Omega 02/20/21 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 79862)
The episode was pretty slow at first but got interesting by the end. Its hard to really get a feel for the show. But it seems like they put us right in to the adventure and are explaning it as they go. They gave us some good exposition at the end.

Its not that unbelievable that Ollie and Amiela would blindly accept being Power Rangers since they are widely known by this point. One of the problems the older series had was that they always acted like Power Rangers never exisited for outside the team up. That has obviously changed in recent years.

I like that they worked in the Morphing Masters. The battle wasn't that great but was really justthere to introduce the new Rangers and show off their new powers. It was a backdoor to get to the exposition. I give them credit for setting up their characters. The whole episode really told us all we needed to know about Ollie and Amiela. We only got to see Ollie for five minutes and learned his entire backstory.

I would say setting up the characters and backstory was handled well and now they can really expand on the action and future of the story. It will be interesting to learn just who Void Knight is and how he got his armor.

I'm with you with how it made sense they weren't shocked at being Rangers. Its nice to see. Obviously Beast Morphers showed that Power Rangers are well known. They even referenced teams we knew were AUs.

I remember back in the Lightspeed /Galaxy team up when the Secretary told Hannah that monsters didn't exist. When we knew monsters had been around for years at that point. I am glad the show no longer ignores this.

Massive Ego 02/20/21 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Codfish (Post 79867)
The series has really been good with that since the Saban Era. If nothing else all those seasons tried to sound current to the world we live in now.

It was one of the only good things about those crappy seasons.

DinoThunderKira 02/20/21 03:06 PM

I was expecting them to say the Dino Spores led to the extinction of the Dinosuars. Glad they didn't since that was already dealt with in Dino Charge.

Captain Codfish 02/20/21 03:08 PM

Well Dino Charge was a AU so it wouldn't contradict that. But the show probably didn't need a repeat of the story.

Captain Logan Knows Best 02/20/21 03:10 PM

It does feel like a step down from Beast Morphers. But it the episode was satisfactory.

Captain Mutiny 02/20/21 03:12 PM

I think they were clearly trying to properly intoduce Ollie and Amiela before they did anything else.That's why they waited until the end for the backstory. Can't blame them for wanting to establish the characters. Its hard to have a show if the viewer doesn't have a reason to care about the characters.

Master Morph 02/20/21 03:14 PM

Anyone find it wierd how the Morphing Masters just turned the Dinosuars into statues?

PRangerX 02/20/21 03:15 PM

I did notice that. Perhaps it wasn't supposed to be literal?

Nova Prime 02/20/21 03:17 PM

I really didn't enjoy the episode.Wasn't exciting enough for a premiere and I really don't care about the new Rangers yet. Felt like there was too much getting from point A to point B just for the shake of things.As opposed to making sense. Hopefully next week is better.

MMPR Forever 02/20/21 03:19 PM

I'm always disappointed when they waste a Dinosuar theme by not going back to MMPR.

PRangerX 02/20/21 04:50 PM

One odd part I forgot to mention.. Anyone else think it was wierd how Ollie and Amelia didn't seem worried about following Void Knight into the tomb? It was almost like they were more nervous of going inside the tomb then the random.heavy they new just entered.

Miki1988 02/20/21 05:13 PM

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but... "Destination Dinohenge" is actually a good premiere. I also liked the Knight theme. Nice. Very nice.

Another thing I like is how they set up the origin of the Dino Fury Ranger powers. Also, it took us THIS LONG TO FINALLY ACTUALLY SEE THE MORPHING MASTERS. Oh and for the first time since like... EVER, we have a PRU where the original Rangers passed away. It'd be interesting if they somehow manage to link this season to the MMPR universe (which I bet they are going to somehow) while having it be in its own story.

And please Hasbro, let's NOT have the Rangers defeat the villains by committing genocide and then doing a time travel mission to undo what they did because... reasons.

Master of the Grid 02/20/21 06:38 PM

That would just be a rerun anyway. I doubt its an AU since they seem to know about Power Rangers.

Ranger Black 02/20/21 06:39 PM

Kinda of random to suddenly have the Morphing Masters involved now.

Astronema 02/20/21 06:41 PM

The new Red Ranger seems like a nicer version of Andros. An alien that just about lost his whole civilization.

Ranger Slayer 02/20/21 06:57 PM

Something this felt off. Everything just happened so randomly. Oh well, if things don't get better..At least I still have the Boom Comics.

mbozzo 02/20/21 09:30 PM

I first saw this episode when it came on. I like how they used the morphing Masters in this one. It was a good start. I can't wait for the next one. ;)

RoxyRavi 02/20/21 10:17 PM

I was pretty let down. Doesn't live up to the Beast Morphers premiere at all.

Evox Rises 02/20/21 10:19 PM

It definitely feels like a smaller world then Beast Morphers. But its too soon to judge this season.

Iron Ranger 02/20/21 10:20 PM

I think the Morphing Masters reference wasn't needed. They should have had them just be their own characters.

Ranger Charger 02/20/21 10:21 PM

Yeah, its odd they finally made a call back to that. Its as odd as Gosei randomly mentioning he was Zordon's protege in Mega Mission.

MorphX 02/20/21 10:29 PM

The Dinohenge name is a way too on the nose allusion to Stonehenge. It was also wierd how the Morphing Masters turned the dinosaurs into statues.

Ranger Eagle 02/20/21 10:30 PM

I could have done without that part. The rest of the episode was fine though.

Dino Ranger Knight 02/21/21 12:34 PM

The Dinosuar Stone stuff was bizzarre. At least the Galaxy Beasts didn't have to be zords forever...And were only turned to stone temporary. And that was a vilkian who turned them to stone.

The rest of the episode was okay. We will get a better sense for the status quo in episode 2.

MMPR Forever 02/21/21 12:35 PM

Another missed opportunity to bring back MMPR.

KimandTommy 02/21/21 12:36 PM

I wish Tommy was the mentor like he was in DinoThunder.

Silvy In Space 02/21/21 06:08 PM

It did seem kind of random that these characters just happened to be there at the same time and just happened to get powers. I mean the Red Ranger was asleep for 65 million years lol.

Kendrix Pink 02/21/21 07:23 PM

I feel like this season is going to be low key, since its likely the last Sentai adaption. They are likely just playing out the deal with Toei.They already went alk out with Beast Morphers.

No Green Spandex 02/21/21 07:28 PM

It was a decent episode. Not realoy a great premiere. But we have a long way to go.

Venjix Immortal 02/21/21 08:02 PM

The main villain feels lacking so far.

DinoWar 02/23/21 05:00 PM

I am looking forward to seeing the zords.

Adam Red Turbo 02/25/21 02:48 PM

I was disappointed after the way Beast Morphers started. If was wierd how the two teens just stumbled upon the tomb and powers. Very random, even for PR.