View Single Post
Old 04/21/18, 12:38 PM   #27
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: White Ranger in Zeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossovan View Post
To me the switch to Zeo was all about making things easier and cheaper to film.

By MMPR series 3 they were using stuff from 3 different Sentai series and that meant filming more original footage, so that no doubt created troubles when trying to combine footage from Japan to match up. Not changing the Rangers suits made for some badly edited fight scenes but obviously Saban wanted to keep things looking the same as best he could so he didn't lose/upset fans who'd loved the show from the beginning.

As for the White Ranger in Zeo? Not for me, if you're going to finally ditch the MMPR suits you might as well change the lot.

Personally i liked Zeo, it felt like a natural change and a positive one. Turbo seemed rushed, i know stuff was filmed for the Turbo movie that wasn't included in the final film which would of explained things better. Maybe we'll see it one day?
not completely correct but you're somewhat correct they didn't care if the footage came out badly edited but the main driving force between the switch was a ratings decline hence why the Aquitians came to kind of ease the younger audience into the switch to Zeo.

Ground footage was just weirdly edited in mostly Season 2 the majority of the ground footage in Season 3 was all new so if it was badly edited it was just a case of the editor not doing a good editing job.

However it was time for them to switch to new suits at that time since they didn't even get all of the Ohranger suits.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote