Thread: Create a Ranger
View Single Post
Old 04/05/01, 02:05 AM   #5
KibaDairanger
Shadow Ranger

This is one of my favorite charcters in my fanfic, Power Rangers New Dawn. If you want to know more about him or other characters, head to my site.

Name: Kellen Jordan
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 175lbs
Ethnicity: African-American
Origin: Angel Grove, California
Ranger Team Affiliation: Currently, Green Rescue Ranger, But will have new powers this fall.
Bio:Kellen Jordan was born in Angel Grove. Unfortinetly, he didn't receive the gift of sight. His parents sent him to special edication schools. At that time, Kellen or his parents thought it was possible for him to suceed in life. Everything he learned at school felt like a waist since he couldn't see the wonders of life.

At the age of 13, Kellen met a new teacher. He was a martial arts tutor, and he wanted the blind student to join. Kellen couldn't see anything to lose, so he joined. This teacher taught Kellen everything, from kicks to walking without a cane. After five years of training, Kellen found out his teacher was also blind. This was a shock to the young student. He wanted to show his teacher that he can be as good as him, but the mentor said Kellen was already as good as himself, if not than better.

Kellen met some new friends one day, but an attack from evil space aliens occured. To Kellen, they were just like all other threats he heard, so he helped to defeat the invaders. What he didn't knw, was his new friends were Power Rangers. He was able to identify them by the sounds of their voices, which the Rangers were shocked. All the Rangers found Kellen very helpful.

When Clyde received the Red Astro Ranger powers, his body was under strong pains, since the balance of power in the Morphin Grid was disturbed. The only way to save him was to give someone else the Black Astro Ranger powers. In an instant, Zordon selected Kellen. What he and the Rangers didn't know was that Kellen was blind. At first, the Rangers would leave the blind Ranger behind and attack evil without him, but Kellen proved himself to be very helpful when he defeated the evil forces by himself. After the Rangers saw Kellen's real power, they were more than happy to allow him to be a regular Ranger.

Kellen is happy to be a Ranger, but he yearns for more. Going through so many years without sight, makes the young adult questions greatly. "Once in my life, I just wish I could see my face, to know what I look like would be the greatest gift for me." (Kellen explaining to Elizabeth) Kellen also wants to be independent. Even though he knows that he needs help, he will never ask for it. His best friend, Clyde Stryker, is always watching Kellen's back, but doing it in a descrete way, so that the blind Ranger doesn't know. Independence is hard for the blind, but Kellen always manages to suceed by himself.

Powers: Other than his Ranger powers, Kellen has sharpened senses that aids when fighting. Some enemies can't even tell that Kellen is blind.

-Jason Sohiel