Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/18/21, 03:30 PM   #1
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Destination Dinohenge Episode Discussion

Here’s the discussion thread for this Saturday’s new episode
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/21, 02:46 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Destination Dinohenge Episode Discussion

The episode was pretty slow at first but got interesting by the end. Its hard to really get a feel for the show. But it seems like they put us right in to the adventure and are explaning it as they go. They gave us some good exposition at the end.

Its not that unbelievable that Ollie and Amiela would blindly accept being Power Rangers since they are widely known by this point. One of the problems the older series had was that they always acted like Power Rangers never exisited for outside the team up. That has obviously changed in recent years.

I like that they worked in the Morphing Masters. The battle wasn't that great but was really justthere to introduce the new Rangers and show off their new powers. It was a backdoor to get to the exposition. I give them credit for setting up their characters. The whole episode really told us all we needed to know about Ollie and Amiela. We only got to see Ollie for five minutes and learned his entire backstory.

I would say setting up the characters and backstory was handled well and now they can really expand on the action and future of the story. It will be interesting to learn just who Void Knight is and how he got his armor.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/21, 02:47 PM   #3
Trooper Supreme
Putty Patroller

I got a VR Troopers feel in the beginning. Where Amiela was at work. What I think appears to be a website. Reminded me of Kaitlyn working ata newspaper. This would be the 2021 equivalent.
Trooper Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/21, 02:50 PM   #4
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

It was okay. Not as strong of a start as Beast Morphers. But there was nothing downright stupid. So I am not worried about the show going back to sucking yet. I am going to have to see more episodes to really judge. The characters weren't dumb and didn't annoy me so thats a good step.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/21, 02:52 PM   #5
Gold Ranger In Danger
Ranger In Training

I'm not feeling it. It took too long to get the to action. They were just getting to the good part with the backstory when it ended. Everything happened too fast. It seemed pretty convenient thst Void Knight would show up just as Ollie and Amiela happened to be there. But the show could easily get better. So I am not saying the season is bad yet. Way too early.
Gold Ranger In Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/21, 02:56 PM   #6
VR Master
Power Ranger

I give them credit for really playing up things that speak to how the world is now. Amiela working for a website is very current. And we saw Ollie mention selfies. Little things lime that f ally relate to the target audience and some of the teens that might be watching.
VR Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/21, 02:57 PM   #7
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

The series has really been good with that since the Saban Era. If nothing else all those seasons tried to sound current to the world we live in now.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/21, 03:01 PM   #8
Lightspeed Omega
Comic Relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
The episode was pretty slow at first but got interesting by the end. Its hard to really get a feel for the show. But it seems like they put us right in to the adventure and are explaning it as they go. They gave us some good exposition at the end.

Its not that unbelievable that Ollie and Amiela would blindly accept being Power Rangers since they are widely known by this point. One of the problems the older series had was that they always acted like Power Rangers never exisited for outside the team up. That has obviously changed in recent years.

I like that they worked in the Morphing Masters. The battle wasn't that great but was really justthere to introduce the new Rangers and show off their new powers. It was a backdoor to get to the exposition. I give them credit for setting up their characters. The whole episode really told us all we needed to know about Ollie and Amiela. We only got to see Ollie for five minutes and learned his entire backstory.

I would say setting up the characters and backstory was handled well and now they can really expand on the action and future of the story. It will be interesting to learn just who Void Knight is and how he got his armor.
I'm with you with how it made sense they weren't shocked at being Rangers. Its nice to see. Obviously Beast Morphers showed that Power Rangers are well known. They even referenced teams we knew were AUs.

I remember back in the Lightspeed /Galaxy team up when the Secretary told Hannah that monsters didn't exist. When we knew monsters had been around for years at that point. I am glad the show no longer ignores this.
Lightspeed Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/21, 03:02 PM   #9
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Codfish View Post
The series has really been good with that since the Saban Era. If nothing else all those seasons tried to sound current to the world we live in now.
It was one of the only good things about those crappy seasons.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/21, 03:06 PM   #10
DinoThunderKira
Comic Relief

I was expecting them to say the Dino Spores led to the extinction of the Dinosuars. Glad they didn't since that was already dealt with in Dino Charge.
DinoThunderKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply